26 April, 2007

Incarcerated

I find myself held away from home, tonight, spending two days in a far-flung Northern city (Derby) on a research trip. This wouldn't be too bad were it not for the fact that this city is rather unpleasant. It's like the more industrial parts of Beijing (heh). I apologise to Derby residents for slandering their hometown. On the plus side, there is a good curry-house nearby. Sometimes I wonder how British people coped before our time in Colonial India - curry is modernday social glue.


Tea-drinking tonight consists of some Anxi Sezhong ("Colourful Type") that I slipped into my briefcase, brewed grandfather style in my hotel room. I will spare you the tasting notes - this coffee cup and hotel kettle-water are not doing it justice.

More on my return to civilisation.

No comments: